[TRNSYS-users] Connect Type 1231 with Type 56

Enyuan Hu bearcharge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 11:34:14 PDT 2013

Dear all,

I'm sorry to ask this kind of question again as this topic has been asked
before. But I have some new questions and am looking for clarifications.

1. According to 'HVACLibraryMathematicalReference', different types of
hydronic heat-distributing units have different n values in the equation

q = c (Ts - Ta) ^n

and there is a table giving these specific n values for different cases. In
the table, there is 'ceiling heating' and 'floor heating' option, is this
saying that flooring heating/cooling can be modeled using Type 1231?

2. It's been answered in the mailist history that type 1231 is connected to
type 56 through internal gains. I'm a little puzzled that the air
temperature is a defined number instead of being variant as it should be.
I'm sorry that I didn't read through ASHRAE 2004 book on which type 1231 is
based and maybe that's why I have confusions.

thanks for the answer!

Enyuan