[TRNSYS-users] Combined paralle and series collector array with different orientation

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Aug 12 10:15:34 PDT 2013

You'll need to drag out two collectors. The first should have an
area of 10x the single panel area and have the number in series set to
1. Connect the output from this collector to another collector where the
area is set to 4x the single panel area and the number in series set to
2.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll
Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608)
278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On
08/10/2013 2:01 pm, Igor Seso wrote:

> Dear Jeff,
>
> In the
attachment I provide a simple connection scheme of the collector array,
hope that is will clarify.

-------------------------
trnsys-users at cae.wisc.edu
> SENT: Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:55 PM

SUBJECT: Re: [TRNSYS-users] Combined paralle and series collector array
with different orientation

> parallel connected (each 2m2, south-west
orientated, tilted 30 degrees) and then they're serial connected to
another 2 collectors(each 2,5 m2 which are parallel connected between
them, south orientated, tilted 40 degrees). Again this array is in
parallel connected with exactly the same array of collectors. Can
someone give me directions hot to define the solar collector array in
the simulation?>

> I followed your e-mail until the line: "Again
this array is in parallel connected with exactly the same array of
collectors" Can you provide a simple sketch of the collector array so we
can help you set the collector parameters?

> Jeff
>
> ---

Jeff Thornton

08/05/2013 12:58 pm, Igor Seso wrote:

>> Dear TRNSYS users,
>> I'm
new with TRNSYS, so I want to simulate system for heating DHW in a hotel
using solar thermal collectors(flat plate).
>> The difficult is that
there are 5 collectors parallel connected (each 2m2, south-west