[TRNSYS-users] Reserving Storage Space in a user written component

Currie, Sam R scurrie at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 19 15:06:09 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am currently building a component for TRNSYS 17 that requires the solution at the previous time step to solve for the current time step. The .dll's compile fine but I am getting the following error when attempting to run it in Simulation Studio:

(From the lst file)
TRNSYS Message    408 : The setStorageSize subroutine was not called to set the number of storage locations required before the setStorageVars routine was called.

My FORTRAN code for my first call manipulations is as follows:

! Perform Initialization Manipulations
IF (INFO(7) .EQ. -1) THEN
        ! Retrieve unit and type #:
        IUNIT = INFO(1)
        ITYPE = INFO(2)
        ! Reserve space in the global OUT array:
        INFO(6) = NO
        ! This type should be called at each iteration
        ! whether or not its inputs change:
        INFO(9) = 1
        ! Call Type Check subroutine:
        CALL TYPECK(1, INFO, NI, NP, ND)
        ! Call input/output check subroutine:
        CALL RCHECK(INFO, YCHECK, OCHECK)
        ! Reserve storage space:
        CALL setStorageSize(NS, INFO)
        ! Return to calling program:
        RETURN 1
END IF

Any thoughts on this error?
I am using Visual Studio 2010 with Intel Visual FORTRAN if that helps.

Thanks!
Sam