[TRNSYS-users] TRNOPT: genopt can't be found

Maria Ferrara mariferrara at me.com
Tue Apr 9 01:57:43 PDT 2013

Dear TRNSYS user,

I'm trying to use TRNOPT, I've read the documentation and I've followed all the instruction for running the example. But Trnopt doesn't run and I get this message:
"Genopt could not be found. Please check the directory in settings".

I've set directories as

C:\genopt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin

C:\Trnsys16

I haven't installed Trnsys 16 and genopt in the Program Files folders because I read that I could get problems using Windows 7.

I use Trnsys 16_1 and genopt 2.1.0, Trnopt 16.

I saw that many people in the trnsys users list had the same problem but I couldn't find the answers in the forum.

Could someone help me?

I thank you and really appreciate you help.

Maria Ferrara
Politecnico di Torino
Working in Internship at CETHIL_INSA Lyon