[TRNSYS-users] Mass blance problem with flow diverter

Santeri Siren santeri.siren1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 03:54:36 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have a problem with the mass balances of my system. In my proct a flow
diverter divides the waterflow into two separate pipes. .After the
flowdiverter both pipes go to their own pumps. The flow diverter is
controlled according to the ratio of mass flows produced by the pumps.
After the pumps comes heating loads. After that the waterflows are
connected in a flow mixer and the water is being heated in a heatpump.

The problem is that Trnsys gives mass balance warnings for both pumps. When
I check the mass flows of the pumps, they some times are even larger than
the rated flow of the pump.I think the problem has something to do with the
flow diverter...

Can someone give me advice how to fix this problem and make the mass flows
balanced. I have attached a demonstrative picture of my project.

best regards.
Santeri Siren