[TRNSYS-users] Partial (one month) weather data, 10min interval

Michał Klimas michal.klimas at put.poznan.pl
Fri Sep 14 07:49:33 PDT 2012

Dear ALL !,

I got weather data from measurements (total radiation on horizontal) with
the 10 min interval for ONLY one month (June).  I was using type 9e (10 min
interval, mode 3) to read the data and type 16a for radiation processing.

When I set  "simulation time step" in Control Cards to a string "TIMESTEP"
and tried different values in EQUATIONS:

-          TIMESTEP=1/6 (10 minutes) - I got an error in type 16, that "The
simulation time is outside the data reading interval."

-          TIMESTEP=0.125 (7.5 min - default) - results were wrong but the
simulation went ok.

Connections "Time of last read" and "Time of next data read" are set
properly, according to the provided example.

What would be the best to properly set this simulations ?

Is this an issue with the type 16, which takes one hour (only ?) intervals
and interpolates to required interval given by user ?

I would be grateful if someone could point out any solution.

Kind regards

Michal Klimas

Poznan University of Technology