[TRNSYS-users] Coil ByPass Fraction

Fred Betz fbetz at aeieng.com
Thu Sep 6 08:39:07 PDT 2012

The way to correlate bypass fraction with the manufacturer's data sheet is through the approach temperature.

You adjust the bypass fraction so that the approach temperatures match the selection of the coil.

It's somewhat iterative so I've created a separate small model with a constant air flow and water flow that I input and then adjust the bypass fraction until the approach temperature is about right for my actual selection.

Fred

Fred Betz  PhD., LEED AP
Sustainable Systems Analyst

AEI | AFFILIATED ENGINEERS, INC.
5802 Research Park Blvd. | Madison, WI  53719

P: 608.236.1175 | F: 608.238.2614
fbetz at aeieng.com<mailto:fbetz at aeieng.com>  |  www.aeieng.com<http://www.aeieng.com/>