[TRNSYS-users] Type 16e - radiation differences

Michal Klimas michal.klimas at put.poznan.pl
Thu Sep 6 05:07:22 PDT 2012

Dear ALL,

I'm little bit confused about using type 16e (mode 3) radiation processor.

In Studio, name for this type is "Beam and Diffuse known" . In input section, when I click on a "more" button at "Beam radiation on horizontal" I get explanation that it is "The total radiation on a horizontal surface".I've also checked the manual "Component Library overview" page 68 and "This instance of Type16 takes hourly integrated values of total horizontal and beam radiation as inputs".

I would like to ask which is correct for type 16e ?
a) beam and diffuse
b) total and diffuse
c) total and beam

best regards