[TRNSYS-users] psycrometrics called with a temperature below absolute zero

a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk a8304506 at graduate.hku.hk
Wed Oct 31 18:52:42 PDT 2012

Hello, Talib.

I cannot run your project file as I can't find the weather file required.
Usually, when the mentioned error occurs, Trnsys should indicate which unit the
error arises from so that you can trace the problem.  Meanwhile, I have looked
into your .tpf file and I suspect that the problem comes from the cooling tower
as your specified air flow rate seems too small.  Moreover, the specified mass
flow rates for some of the pumps do not seem to comply with the specified
capacity of the chiller. It appears that you try to use a chilled ceiling
system to cool the building.  However, I can't find any link to input the
chilled water information into the building zone.  Rather, you just specify a
fixed chilled water supply temperature and flowrate in your .bui file.  Please
check.  Thank you!

Best Regards
Chun Kwong LEE
University of Hong Kong