[TRNSYS-users] External heating source in TRNBUILD

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Oct 11 14:43:24 PDT 2012

Dear Michael,

I recommend that you read the following tutorial
about going from Energy Rate Control (with the QHEAT output; not
dependent on hvac equipment components) and implementing temperature
level control (with thermostats and equipment) in your TRNSYS
Simulation.

http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/downloads/tutorials_and_examples/tlc_tutorial17.pdf

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-10-11 03:13, Michael Diekerhof
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for a way to simulate an external
heating source (Air to
> water heat pump - Type 401) in combination
with Type 56.

> I would like to plot the heat pump´s COP and its
compressor power
> according to QHeat of type 56. My basic Idea was to
connect the weather
> data to the type 56 and type 401 first and then
type 401 to the
> building. My problem is, that i dont know how to
input an external
> heating source in TRNBUILD.
>
> Of course i adjust
a roomtemperature which results in Qheat which has to
> be covered by
the heat pump. But where can i tell type 56 that its
> heating source
is the heat pump ??? I am thankful for any suggestions.