[TRNSYS-users] Piping thermal capacitance

Marco Scarpellino marco.scarpellino at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:34:27 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate with TRNSYS a solar cooling system.
I am not able to simulate the thermal capacitance of the piping of the
plant. I try to explain better what I mean: in the early morning, in the
real condition, the pipe has a temperature equal to the ambient
temperature, because of the stop of the plant during nighttime and the
consequent temperature decrease. When the pump starts to run and the panels
begin to work the temperature of the piping rises until it reaches the
fluid working temperature. The energy that we produce with the solar
thermal panels in the meantime is used to raise the temperature of the
whole piping. How I can take into account this loss of energy?

I am at your disposal for any clarification you may need.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Marco Scarpellino