[TRNSYS-users] New component: Error Message 105

Joana Aina Ortiz Ferrà jortiz at irec.cat
Fri Nov 30 04:44:56 PST 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

I have a problem with a new component that I've created. I've followed the Programmer's Guide and the new Type works in some computers, but in other doesn't and I have this error:

Generated by Type     :  2663
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it from the input file
    Reported information  :  Type2663 could not be located in either the trndll.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and  \UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type.
I explain the process and characteristics of the new type:

-          I have  TRNSYS v17.01

-          The code of the new component is written in Fortran, using the compiler Microsoft Visual Studio - IVF Composer XE 2011 (IvfCXE2011)

-          I've compiled the type in both modes: debug and realise, and I've copied the dll in the UserLib folders.

-          I run the simulation in my computer, and everything is right

-          I've copied the type (both .dll and proforma) in other computers, and some ones gives this errors and in others the type runs correctly.

-          I've checked:

o   All computers have the same TRNSYS version

o   The compilation mode of the TRNDLL and of the new type is the same (realease).

o   Subroutine Type2663, End Subroutine Type2663, !DEC$Attributes DLLexport :: Type2663 are correct in the code

o   In the lst file after run the simulation, are written:
*** Notice at time        :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    Message               : "Type2663lib.dll" was found but did not contain any components from the input file.

I don't have idea about which could be the error, and what I have to do to solve it.
Thanks in advanced for your help!
Joana Ortiz