[TRNSYS-users] DynamicData and Visual Fortran XE 2011

Erik Boschek erikboschek at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 04:13:45 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

I am in the process of migrating to Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011, with VS2010 from CVF6.6 for component development. I'm currently using TRNSYS 16.

Generally, with not too many problems I've gotten TRNSYS to compile and a few custom types.

However, in the mean time I've run into an issue which seems to be related to calling "DynamicData", which I use quite often.

I've found that if I create a simulation with more than one call, TRNSYS crashes with a run-time error "severe (151): allocatable array is already allocated" (as attaced screen shot).

To check that it wasn't related to my own component, I could also reproduce this simply by e.g. putting two instances of TESS Type581 (multi dimensional interpolation) into an empty project. This never occurs for the basic installed TRNDll or one I've compiled with the old compiler.

Is this problem known to anyone and is there a fix? Is the new intel compiler supported or is it known to give problems with TRNSYS? Would this problem disapear using TRNSYS 17?

Thanks for any insight,

Erik Boschek