[TRNSYS-users] Trnsys iteration and converge problems

Santeri Siren santeri.siren1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:39:07 PDT 2012

Dear Trnsys users,

 it seems that Trnsys has iteration problems in my simulation project. Some
values do not converge as they should.

*Description of my project:*

I have a Trnsys simulation project where I have created a closed flow
circuit that models a chiller equipped cooling system. Return water flows
from the load to the chiller which is set to cool it to 7 C. The water flow
rate in the circuit varies significantly over time. A variable speed pump
is used to create the variations in the water flow.

*Description of the problem:*

Problems occur every time when the water flow rate changes rapidly from a
very small value to a relatively much larger value. In this case the
chiller power water temperatures suddendly jump to infinite.
I belive that Trnsys has problems in the iteration prosess so that the
values do not converge. I have tried to modify some of the basic options in
the control cards, e.g. solution method and simulations time step but it
didnt help. This problem is not in my area of expertise and I really dont
know how to fix this. Could some one please help me with this matter?

Best regards.

Santeri Siren