[TRNSYS-users] error in automatic heat transfer calculation for surface 28 or its adjacent surface

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Mon May 7 02:15:58 PDT 2012

Michael,

I quickly checked the code.

Unfortuantely, the error message doesn't show the surface ID, but the
"order" number

of the surface. 28 means it's the 28th surface in the b17 file. It will
be changed to

the surface ID.

However, in your B17 you have a window OBERLICHT defined as followed

WINDOW OBERLICHT

 WINID=11004 : HINSIDE=VERTICAL : HOUTSIDE=VERTICAL :

and in the airnode described it has the Category= EXTERNAL

Thus, the BACK surface is NOT a surface of an airnode (it is facing
ambient conditions)

and may cause error.

Best regards,

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller

TRANSSOLAR: KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen
und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäude

Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart

Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347, Steuernummer 99073/00911, USt-IdNr.:
DE152272639

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Bleicher