[TRNSYS-users] GenOpt-Path name problem?

Graham Linn grahamjlinn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 12:36:04 PDT 2012

Hello TRNSYS Users,

I am trying to use GenOpt with Type56 (as detailed by Michaël Kummert
of ESRU at University of Strathclyde). I am trying to run the example
detailed in his paper.

Anyhow, I am getting an error message when I try to run GenOpt. I've placed
the error at the end of this message. I think the problem has something to
do with the line  'Cannot run program "C:\Program" ' - is there a problem
with using spaces in pathnames with GenOpt? I can't figure it out, it seems
like paths with spaces work sometimes but not all the time.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you!
Graham Linn

Error message:

Exception in executing the simulation program

Simulation working directory : 'C:\Users\G\Documents\RCL550\TRNSYS
Projects\GenOpt-Type56\tmp-genopt-run-1'
Command string               : 'C:\Program Files\Trnsys17\Exe\TRNExe.exe
"C:\Users\G\Documents\RCL550\TRNSYS
Projects\GenOpt-Type56\tmp-genopt-run-1\GenOptRun.dck" /h'
Exception message:
Cannot run program "C:\Program" (in directory
"C:\Users\G\Documents\RCL550\TRNSYS
Projects\GenOpt-Type56\tmp-genopt-run-1"): CreateProcess error=2, The
system cannot find the file specified

GenOpt terminated with error.
See logfile for further information.