[TRNSYS-users] A Multi-zone slab-on-great heat transfer model with zone air temperature as an input variable?

simge andolsun simgeandolsun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:30:36 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

I need to enter the zone air temperatures of a zone (zone A) to
calculate the slab-soil interface temperatures. This zone is attached
to two other zones (B and C) which have different zone air
temperatures from each other and from zone A throughout the year. So,
I need a multi-zone slab-on-grade model that accepts "zone air
temperatures" as an input variable.

As far as I know, Type 704 has zone air temperatures as an input
variable; however this model is not a multi-zone slab-on-grade model.
The multi-zone slab-on-grade model (Type 49), on the other hand, needs
to iterate with Type 56 and Type 56 does not allow the zone air
temperatures to be entered as an input variable. In Type 56, the zone
air temperatures are rather a result of the calculations.

Would you please let me know how may I solve this issue? Is there a
way to connect the Type 704 models to each other to model a multi-zone
slab-on-grade heat transfer? .. or is there any other model in TRNSYS
that allows the zone air temperatures to be entered as an input
variable and does multi-zone slab-on-grade heat transfer calculations?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Best Regards,
Simge Andolsun