[TRNSYS-users] (no subject)

Jean Marais jeannieboef at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:38:03 PDT 2012

Dear Group,
My aim is to tweak the existing Type25 printer, so that I can dictate which
connected inputs get printed AND to swich off the printer.

But for now I am concerned with recompiling and running the Type25 source
code as a new type, Type202 as an external dll.

Having found the guidance on using the g95 compiler, I must say it helped a
lot. Additionally, it seems the following fixes where needed for the source
code:

JFIX must be substituted (this is an intel function which converts all
sorts to Integer*4. I used INT().

DMOD is a version of mod that should actually work, but did not. An extra
function DMOD was set up in the TRNSYSFunctions module. This funtion
returns the remainder of a division operation.
Alternatively you can substitute it for MOD which calls DMOD intrisically
in g95

Tabs in the source code are missleading as they are not the 5 leading
spaces required before the line continuation character.

Variable format statements such as
1001 FORMAT(A<maxUnitLength>,A1)
are not supported. I hard coded these, but other solutions are workable.

Questions:
"Troubleshooting Multiple DLLs" chapter in the programmer guide...
what does "the Fortran run-time libraries" mean and where do I find the
still lacking libraries and dlls to link in.
The EXE folder contains the release trndll.dll which I have linked as well
as loads of other stuff not documented.

I ask because it seems that the problem is that another application (trnsys
itself) is using the designated file folder and blocks writing from the
type dll.

Thanking you in advance,

Jean

PS yes I know I shouldn't use g95.