[TRNSYS-users] g95 compilation - lessons learnt and questions

jeannieboef jeannieboef at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:32:13 PDT 2012

Dear Group,
My aim is to tweak the existing Type25 printer, so that I can dictate
which connected inputs get printed AND to swich off the printer.

But for now I am concerned with recompiling and running the Type25
source code as a new type, Type202 as an external dll.

Having found the guidance on using the g95 compiler, I must say it
helped a lot. Additionally, it seems the following fixes where needed
for the source code:

JFIX must be substituted (this is an intel function which converts all
sorts to Integer*4. I used INT().

DMOD is a version of mod that should actually work, but did not. An
extra function DMOD was set up in the TRNSYSFunctions module. This
funtion returns the remainder of a division operation.

Tabs in the source code are missleading as they are not the 5 leading
spaces required before the line continuation character.

Variable format statements such as
1001 FORMAT(A<maxUnitLength>,A1)
are not supported. I hard coded these, but other solutions are workable.

Questions:
"Troubleshooting Multiple DLLs" chapter in the programmer guide...
what does "the Fortran run-time libraries" mean and where do I find
the still lacking libraries and dlls to link in.
The EXE folder contains the release trndll.dll which I have linked as
well as loads of other stuff not documented.

Thanking you in advance,

Jean

PS yes I know I shouldn't use g95.

Sent from my iPhone