[TRNSYS-users] How to write a new type in C++ with TRNSYS 16

Xavier Moch Xavier.Moch at univ-savoie.fr
Tue Mar 20 03:22:24 PDT 2012

Dear all,
First: greetings, since I just subscribed to this list.

I get some difficulties in writing a new type with TRNSYS 16. As I never
used Fortran, I tried the C++ solution. I have no trouble with
/#include "TRNSYS.h"/
even if there are several TRNSYS.h in different subdirectories.

Default types use some functions like TYPECK or
getSimulationStartTime(). They are declared in TRNSYS.h
When I compile (with Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2), I get messages like
/  [Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp__TYPECK' /
/  [Linker error] undefined reference to
`_imp__TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETSIMULATIONSTARTTIME' /

I assume that the addresses of the functions declared in TRNSYS.h are
not to be found in any .dll or .exe in my "PATH" directories.

Would anyone have a solution ?

Have a good day,
Xavier