[TRNSYS-users] Sizing of Thermal Collector for absoprtion chiller

Bjoern Nienborg bjoern.nienborg at ise.fraunhofer.de
Thu Mar 1 00:49:43 PST 2012

Hi Lee,

a rule of thumb is 3...4m² per kW of nominal chilling capacity and but
this may vary depending on collector type, driving temperature needed,
system configuration, cooling load, etc.

You can find quite a good document on SAC here:
http://www.solair-project.eu/122.0.html

Cheers,

Björn

Am 29.02.2012 18:04, schrieb hankiat lee:
> Hi,
>
> Do anyone have any proper steps to size the area of the thermal
> collector for absorption chiller use? I can only find steps for hot
> water system for a house.
> What the range of solar fraction needed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Björn Nienborg, M.Sc.
Division Thermal Systems and Buildings
Fraunhofer Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstr. 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)761 4588-5883 FAX: +49 (0)761 4588-9000
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de