[TRNSYS-users] push/pull function to create walls/roof in trnsys3d

Paul OSullivan Paul.OSullivan at cit.ie
Thu Jun 28 03:53:40 PDT 2012

Hi TRNSYS Users,

I am having some difficulty with the push/pull function in sketchup8. Once I have created my trnsys3d zone and have it active I have no problem in creating the floor of my zone using the rectangle drawing tool. It correctly shades the floor as grey. However, when I use the push/pull tool (as shown in the tutorial) to extrude my zone the entire zone surfaces are defined as floor and not walls/roof. The colouring also doesn't change automatically. Even when I use the trnsys3d object info tab to manually change the surface properties the colours don't update, and the windows aren't recognised as such when drawn in the wall. I have always checked the trnsys3d zone is active. Is there an orientation issue maybe??

Is there some step by step method to getting this to work or  can I draw walls, roof, windows manually..

Thanks for your help!

Paul O Sullivan

Paul D O'Sullivan MSc BEng CEng MIEI                                    ( 353 21 4326427

Lecturer & Researcher || Building Energy Systems                    *     paul.osullivan at cit.ie <mailto:paul.osullivan at cit.ie>

School of Mechanical and Process Engineering                          ü   http://www.cit.ie <http://www.cit.ie>

 Cork Institute of Technology , Bishopstown, Cork                                     http://tinyurl.com/6nrabsn <http://tinyurl.com/6nrabsn>