[TRNSYS-users] Stability criteria not fullfilled

struong at student.ulg.ac.be struong at student.ulg.ac.be
Wed Jun 27 00:31:44 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS-users,

I'm currently encoding my building in TRNBuild and in a wall I have a layer of cellulose of 40 cm thickness. When i try to save my project, I get the error message "Stability criteria not fullfilled" (see picture in attached file "error.JPG). If i reduce this thickness to 20 cm, the problem is solved so it seems that it is a problem due to the thickness of the layer. How can I solve the problem? I'm thinking about encoding a thickness of 20 cm and divide the conductivity of the material by 2 in order to have an identical u-value for my wall but I don't know if it is correct! Indeed if I do so, the inertia of my wall (hence my building) will not be the same! Do you have some advice?

Best regards,

Truong Van Quynh Stéphan
2 ème Master STE
Gembloux Agro Bio-Tech