[TRNSYS-users] New to Trnsys

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri Jun 15 09:59:16 PDT 2012

Before you start off on your new adventure of writing a type, I
might suggest you see if there's an existing model that does what you
need. In this case, there is a Type that reads an Excel file as part of
the standard TRNSYS package. But very likely, you just want to read data
at even intervals of time. If this is the case, simply export the data
from Excel to a delimited text file and read in the data using the
popular Type 9 data reader.

If you truly want to write a Type that
communicates with Excel I hope you have a strong background in Fortran
and the Windows API because this is not a simple task.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street,
Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 06/15/2012
11:45 am, Rinku Sheth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Trnsys of any kind
of simulation program. I need to creat a type in Trnsys 16 and I do not
know how to creat new type. I have read manual 8 (Programmer's guide)
and manual 2 (Using the simulation studio) but I do not understand it
much.

> I have followed steps as per manual 2 and I could prepare
proforma and could insert the inputs, outputs and parameters. But still
I can not finish the type. The main idea is to read an execl file using
Trnsys 16.

> Should I use TRNEDIT (following manual 7 - TRNEdit:
Editing the input File and Creating TRNSED Application).

> Please
guide me because I am getting crazy.

> Thank you in advance,

Falguni