[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 90, Issue 38

ts0g . tsogas8 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 05:22:29 PDT 2012

Dear Trnsys users ,

I am using Trnsys17 Simulation studio and I would like to monitor some results of my 3d building with type155 Matlab.
I have allready installed MatlabR2010a on my machine but i fail to run the example of callingMAtlab.
I would much appreciate some instructions of how to use this specific type and which connections should i make , in order to simulate it and continue with my work.
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Kostas

On 06/14/2012 1:47 am, Lei Wang wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a question on Type 676. According to the help documents,  the
> energy delivered to the chiller by the steam source is calculated
> using equation 676.4
> Qsteam=(Capacity_rated/COP_rated)*F_designEnergyInput.
>
> The F_designEnergyInput is the value returned by the thrid call to
> Dynamic Data and is the value specified in the S3 data file. It only
> is the function of cooling water temperature and the fraction of
> design load, which is calcuated by equation 676.3 .
> f_DesignLoad=Q_remove/Capacity_rated
>

>  The energy consumption calculation is only based on the fraction of
> design load, cooling water temperature and don't consider chilled
> water outlet temperature. The chilled outlet temperature is only used
> for calculating Capacity (specified in the S2 file).
>
>  In my opinion, I don't think this model can calculate the energy
> consumption correctly, when the chilled water supply temperature is
> reset.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lei Wang

--Forwarded Message Attachment--