[TRNSYS-users] question on TYPE 676 (Steam-Fired Double-Effect Absorption Chiller)

Lei Wang leiwang at tees.tamus.edu
Wed Jun 13 23:47:12 PDT 2012

Dear All,

I have a question on Type 676. According to the help documents,  the energy delivered to the chiller by the steam source is calculated using equation 676.4
Qsteam=(Capacity_rated/COP_rated)*F_designEnergyInput.

The F_designEnergyInput is the value returned by the thrid call to Dynamic Data and is the value specified in the S3 data file. It only is the function of cooling water temperature and the fraction of design load, which is calcuated by equation 676.3 .
f_DesignLoad=Q_remove/Capacity_rated

 The energy consumption calculation is only based on the fraction of design load, cooling water temperature and don't consider chilled water outlet temperature. The chilled outlet temperature is only used for calculating Capacity (specified in the S2 file).

 In my opinion, I don't think this model can calculate the energy consumption correctly, when the chilled water supply temperature is reset.

Thanks

Lei Wang