[TRNSYS-users] Water-to-water heat pump - Heat rate to load control

Damien Casetta damien.casetta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 09:10:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am modelling a ground-source heat pump system including a water-to-water
heat pump (type 927), a borehole heat exchanger (type 557b) and a building
demand profile.

I have read a couple of messages in the archives about this topic but I
haven´t understood correctly the few addressing my specific issue.

Here is my point. I assume the heat pump to meet the building demand. The
aim is then to force the heat pump load and observe how the system behaves
(COP, ground loop fluid temperatures).

I would be able to do this with an external MATLAB code (with COP values
interpolated from catalog data) but it would be a shame not to harness
TRNSYS potential (there is no need to re-invent the wheel as I read in a

Let me put in other words: how to control a heat pump load?

I have read about a trick to handle this, with a "lump" temperature but I
don't get the idea behind it. Any other explanations is welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

*Damien Casetta*

*Chalmers University of Technology *| Energy and Environment | Exchange
student
*INSA Lyon* Génie Energétique et Environnement | Elève ingénieur
**
+46.7.60.66.31.45
+33.6.71.78.03.75