[TRNSYS-users] Building external heating - cooling

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Wed Jul 11 12:42:47 PDT 2012

Dear Lampros Karalis,

Please make sure that you also correctly set
up the Ventilation profile (called "Typemanager" in TRNBuild) for your
specific zone. You will also have to indicate the Ventilation profile in
the zone as well. I made this mistake once when I was learning TRNSYS
and couldn't understand why my zone was not responding.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-07-11 03:38, Lampros Karalis wrote:

> Dear
Sirs,

> Here is my case,
>
> - I have drawn a building in google
sketchup, as described in the manual.

> - I have imported the
building in Simulation Studio following the wizard, and everything works
smoothly.

> What I actually need is to study the the behavior of a
Heat Pump over this building So here is what I do

> - Edit building
--> Turn Off Heating and Cooling for the zone I need to check.

> -
Add user defined inputs T_IN_MYZONE for temperature, RH_IN_MYZONE for
humidity and M_DOT_MYZONE for flowrate

> - Save the building and
update variable list

> Back in simulation Studio
>
> - I add a
type 108 thermostat

> - And a type 954c Heat pump
>
> I did all
the connections as I saw in a TESS example

> And tried to produce a
diagram of

> a. Outside Temperature (Direct Connection from Weather
data file to a type65c printer)

> b. Outlet Air Temperature of
Heat_Pump (Direct Connection from Type954c to a type65c printer)

c. Zone temperature (Direct Connection from Building TAIR_MYZONE to a
type65c printer)

> The problem is that the zone temperature
TAIR_MYZONE, does not seem to change because of the heat pump operation

> So I must be missing something. Can anybody help?
>
> Attached
you will find all my files.

> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Lampros