[TRNSYS-users] correct modelling of brick facade

jeannieboef jeannieboef at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 23:27:52 PDT 2012

Firstly, check that you want to model with the water diffussion
through constructions (I don't know if this is standard for the
approach normally used in simulation)...usually this is only used with
Finite Diference type solving algorithms. You may be able to change
between algorithms. Secondly, you could think of how to "switch off"
the sun and wind effects in the insulation if that is your outer layer.

The ventilation behind the facade brick is not mechanical, and lacking
wind, will be almost 100% stack driven. This is hard to approach.
There may be ventilated facade options (types or inbuild in type 56)
as there is in EnergyPlus. See if you can find them for the best
results.

Sent from my iPhone