[TRNSYS-users] Problem in X2H converter - heat exchangers

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Fri Jul 27 09:49:39 PDT 2012

Dear Christina,

Have you considered the TESS Cogeneration (CHP)
Library? There are a few different Rankine Cycle examples and numerous
steam system components with this add-on library. Please be aware that
the TRNSYS standard components do not have inputs for pressure as they
assume constant specific heat for the particular component. The TESS CHP
Library components do indeed have inputs that are applicable for steam.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-07-26 06:53, Christina
Tsechelidou wrote:

> Hello trnsys users,
>
> I face a problem and I
need your help.I use Rankine Cycle to simulate a
> real power plant.In
the beginning I used the heat exchangers for steam

generator(economizer,evaporator,superheater) from Stec library->Rankine

> but I did not get the right results so I decided to used heat
exchangers
> from the general library (type 5b, counter flow) where the
results were
> better. After heat exchangers in the circuit, I use a
model X2H
> (Converter from representation p,t,x to h,p for water steam
)to do the
> connection with the turbine stage. However the result for
the enthalpy
> is not correct.
> I use superheated steam with pressure
170bar and temperature 540°C so
> the enthalpy must be around 3400kJ/kg
but I get 2466kJ/kg. Can you tell
> me what is going wrong? I tested
the models of exchangers alone without
> the other circuit to find the
problem but I cannot. Furthermore, I
> notice that in these models
there is not input for pressure in contrast
> with the models from Stec
library.Do you have any idea what is the
> problem?
>
> Thank you in
advance,