[TRNSYS-users] Thermal storage cylinder

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Jul 19 09:52:01 PDT 2012

The auxiliary heat for Type 534 is done outside of the model with an
aquastat model and either a gas heating device or an electric heating
element. If you don't have access to the TESS Libraries, you could use a
Type 6 auxiliary heater and a Type 2 controller from the standard
library. If you have access to the TESS Libraries, use the heating
aquastat from the TESS Controls Library and your choice of the in-tank
heating device from the TESS Storage Tank library. By not having the
heating element and control models inside of the tank model, the
flexibility of the tank model is greatly increased.

Jeff

---

Jeff
Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI
USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 07/19/2012
5:54 am, Zhe Li wrote:

> Dear Trnsys Users,
>
> I am having a
problem with the thermal storage cylinder. Would be possible if anyone
could give me a bit advice?

> I was using Cylinder type60d first,
however, I have found out that there is no OUTPUT option for outlet
flowrate of the heat exchanger inside the cylinder. Then I am trying to
use Cylinder type534, however I have found out that there is no control
for turning on/off the auxiliary heater. I am wondering if there is any
cylinder functions like the standard solar thermal hotwater storage
cylinder that consists of two heat exchangers and an auxiliary heater.
One heat exchanger is to connect to the solar thermal panel and another
is to connect to a boiler or a heat pump, the auxiliary heater can be
turn on when the hotwater temperature is not met the requirement.

Thank you very much.

> Zhe Li
> Tá an teachtaireacht seo scanta ó
thaobh ábhar agus víreas ag Seirbhís Scanta Ríomhphost de chuid
Seirbhísí Faisnéise, ITBÁC agus meastar í a bheith slán.
http://www.dit.ie [1]
> This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is
believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie [2]

Links:
------
[1]