[TRNSYS-users] modelling a differential controller for a variable speed pump

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Jul 10 11:37:18 PDT 2012

Sounds to me like it's time for you to write a component model!
While we have several models that are somewhat close, none of them do
exactly as you suggest. Check out the TESS Controlller library for
models close to the one you need.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 07/10/2012 1:00 pm, Hasan baig
wrote:

> Hi,
> I wish to model a real differential controller for my
variable speed pump. The controller works as a standard differential
controller. If the switch-on difference is reached, the pump is
activated. When the temperature difference falls below the adjusted
switch-off temperature difference, the respective relay switches off.
When the switch-on temperature difference is reached, the pump is
activated at full speed for 10 seconds. Then, the speed is reduced to
the minimum pump speed value (factory setting = 30 %). If the
temperature difference reaches the adjusted nominal temperature
difference, the pump speed increases by one step (10 %). If the
difference increases by the adjustable rise value, the pump speed
increases by 10 % respectively until the maximum pump speed of 100 % is
reached.
> Any suggestions on how to model this pump in TRNSYS ?

regards