[TRNSYS-users] Use of a varying boundary wall temperature profile - (Paul O Sullivan)

Paul OSullivan Paul.OSullivan at cit.ie
Tue Jul 3 06:48:52 PDT 2012

Hi TRNSYS Users.

I am trying to establish if it is possible to use a measured temperature profile as the specified boundary condition for an internal boundary wall. I am measuring surface temperatures on both sides of the internal walls of the single room being used to validate a TRNSYS model. This means I could consider using this data as the boundary condition for these walls instead of modelling adjacent spaces to the room of interest. Does TRNBUILD only accept a single value for this condition or is there a way to apply a time varying boundary condition. Alternatively I can use an average over the period of analysis but this will give some inaccuracy to the model.

Thanks for your help. !

Paul O Sullivan
Cork Institute of Technology.
Ireland.