[TRNSYS-users] Error "Invalid floating point operation" during parametric studies

Jochen Doell jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jan 18 02:55:41 PST 2012

Dear TRNSYS users and developers,

has anybody an idea how to deal with "invalid floating point operation"
messages during a parametric run?

The background is this:
I am performing parametric runs with TRNSYS using R to create equation
blocks which I implement with the INCLUDE statement in my deck. After
each run, I also do some post-processing. This works great.

But every once in a while, I get an "invalid floating point operation"
message, which stops my parametric run until I click "ok" and close the
plotter window. Then the parametric run continues.

I know, that I should deal with the cause of this message, but in the
mean time: Is there a way to suppress or this message and just quit the run?

Thanks in advance,
Jochen

Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Jochen Döll
Division Thermal Systems and Buildings

Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme ISE
Heidenhofstrasse 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

Phone: +49 (761) 4588-5468 Fax: +49 (761) 4588-9000
jochen.doell at ise.fraunhofer.de
www.ise.fraunhofer.de