[TRNSYS-users] Error Message 105 Not Understood

David Blum dhb5014 at mit.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:33:25 PST 2012

Hello,

I have created my own Type352 and am trying to run it in a simulation on
its own to check for system errors (Note that the type has the structure of
an older version of TRNSYS such that things like MYSTOP and the S storage
array are used).  The simulation will not complete and looking at the log
file reveals (to me) some odd events:

I receive a notice:

*** Notice at time        :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    Message               : The following Types were loaded from
TRNDll.dll: Type352

I also receive a notice:

*** Warning at time       :         1.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    499 : The MYSTOP subroutine was called to report an
error message in TRNSYS. The MYSTOP routine is not supported in version 16
as all functions of this routine have been assumed by the MESSAGES
subroutine. The error message was most likely generated by a TRNSYS 15
component
    Reported information  : Called through the MYSTOP subroutine with Error
# 3520

I also receive an error:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         1.000000
    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available
    Generated by Type     : Not applicable or not available
    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but
was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll.
A dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove
it from the input file
    Reported information  : Reported by LINKCK

I can not figure out what is going on.  TRNSYS loads Type352 from the
TRNDll just fine, as that is to which .dll I compiled the Type.  It reads
the Type352 code, as the MYSTOP Error # 3520 is an error that is included
to check certain parameters for the Type (not what I'm worried about
here).  But then the simulation is stopped because of error 105, saying
TRNSYS can't link all the Types of the input file to proper their proper
.dll  The problem is, Type352 is the only type in the input file and a
notice was created that the Type WAS loaded from a proper .dll and the
MYSTOP error shows the code for the type started to be read.

My question is:  Why is Error 105 being given and stopping the simulation?

Any help is much appreciated,

David