[TRNSYS-users] residential water load profiles

Daniel Bergey daniel at buildingscience.com
Tue Feb 21 12:12:53 PST 2012

The DOE has some modeling recomendations for gallons per day (based on
house size and number of bedrooms), and schedule during the day:

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/building_america/analysis_spreadsheets.html

In particular, the "Standard Benchmark DHW Schedules".  The link to
"House Simulation Protocols" explains a little where these come from, I
recall.

These are probably accurate enough if water usage isn't the main thing
you are studying, although I think some of the data are a bit old.

Daniel

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:34:27 -0500, Nick LaHam <ndlaham at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had any experience or data they would be willing
> to share for typical family hot water usage profiles?
>
> I have done lots of research and testing on commercial, but I am working on
> a side project for a family. I would just need something general for usage
> profile, what kind of peaks in the morning and night are typically seen for
> the average american family.
>
> I have an idea, but if anyone has any empirical data that would be really
> helpful.
>
> Maybe ASHRAE has published information on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick
Non-text part: text/html