[TRNSYS-users] Experimental design parameters

Gerhard Hartwig grhartwig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:26:05 PST 2012

Hi all users,

I built a system simulating a humidification de-humidification cycle with
various components among other, type 641. All is well but I now need to
build an actual experimental system to test my design.

I am struggling with translating the trnsys model into parameters that can
be attached to the actual design such as the contact area of evaporation.
At the moment I am using the energy and mass flows of the simulation and
converting that into usable design parameters through various literature
relations, heat transfer calculations and comparisons. This works but does
not always provide concrete design parameters.

Is this route similar to what other users would have taken? Any
recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Regards