[TRNSYS-users] Problem in STEC Library- Rankine cycle

Christina Tsechelidou ctsechel at ee.duth.gr
Tue Feb 7 03:49:25 PST 2012

 Dear users,

 I'm new in Trnsys and I need your help. I want to simulate a coal fired
 power plant which operates with regenerative Rankine cycle.
 I use Rankine cycle, which is part of STEC library. In this cycle the
 type of steam generator is composed only of heat exchangers,
 such as an economizer and an evaporator. The exchanger is composed of
 two flows, one cold and one hot. The cold one is the feed-water from the
 steam cycle. My problem is the hot one, so I need a component (boiler)
 which will provide the exchanger with the hot input(hot side inlet
 temperature, hot side flow rate). I’m looking for a component like type
 426-combustion chamber in Brayton cycle but for lignite and not for
 liquid or gaseous fuel. This component may have parameters such as
 composition of fuel, fuel flow rate and outputs such as fuel
 consumption, temperature and flow rate of flue gas, CO2 emissions, etc.
 I'm waiting for your reply.

 Tsechelidou Christina