[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS-MATLAB Co-Simulation Speed

saleh saadi salehsnjsaadi404 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 11:54:41 PST 2012

Dear Users,

I have been able successfully to couple my code developed in MATLAB with TRNSYS using TYPE155. I'm modelling a wall system with Phase Change Materials. I used the Finite Control Volume method and it is 1 D heat transfer. The code iterate to get solution before supply it to TRNSYS. The problem is that TRNSYS model (the coupled TRNSYS-MATLAB model) runs slower than the same code in MATLAB only.    I used "optimize components order" in the global infos but no improvement.  Currently, the TRNSYS model has the wall and the weather component only with a time step  of 1 hour.

TRNSYS version:  16.01.0003

MATLAB 2009b (32 bits).

I'm running the code on my machine which is a windows 7 (64bits).

Any suggestions to speed up the simulation?

Regards,
Saleh