[TRNSYS-users] ORC in TRNSYS (16.0 or 17.0)

stephanlangbsc at aol.de stephanlangbsc at aol.de
Thu Feb 2 05:03:34 PST 2012

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am about to model a CHP-System with solarthermal heat and an ORC power generation in TRNSYS 16.0 (TRNSYS 17.0 is also available).
Is there any Library or type known for an ORC-turbine or for an complete ORC-Process?
Or does anybody knows any other possibility to simulate an ORC in TRNSYS?

I tried to change the STEC-Library into using another working fuid than water, but i failed to change the steam-turbine. Evaporator and
Condenser could be adapted to another fluid by changing the tables with thermodynamic values in boil.for, by compiling extra dll-files for those types and by deactivating the stecdll.dll.
To adapt the turbine I need to change steam3.for and Steam_C.for as well, but I dont understand what exactly the equations in steam3.for in the section
"C*********** ENTHALPY OF SUP. HEATED GAS AS FUNCTION OF PRES. AND ENTROPY*******"
describe and i couldnt find out, where the data comes from. So I couldnt change those equations into describing the thermodynamic behaviour of another fluid.
Maybe someone knows about that issue?

Thank You and Kind Rgards

Slang