[TRNSYS-users] Problem creating distributable with TRNSYS 17.01.0016

Alessandro Gallo alessandro.gallo at imdea.org
Wed Dec 5 07:40:26 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to create a distributable with some energy plants (I am using
types 557,927,941, belonging to TESS model)  and a building (type 56), using
the TRNSYS version 17.01.0016 .

I do not need to change any parameters of the building. Everything works
fine (also the file.trd in TRNedit) until I create the distributable.

But when I try to run the distributable I find this error:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000

    Generated by Unit     : Not applicable or not available

    Generated by Type     :    56

    TRNSYS Message    105 : A TYPE was called in the TRNSYS input file but
was either not linked into trndll.dll or was not found in an external dll. A
dummy subroutine was called in its place. Please link the TYPE or remove it
from the input file

    Reported information  :  Type56 could not be located in either the
trndll.dll or in an external dll. Please relink theTRNDll.dll including this
Type or make sure that an external DLL in the \UserLib\DebugDLLs and
\UserLib\ReleaseDLLs folders contain the Type.

But if I put manually the file Type56.dll in this folder, I receive this new
error:

*** Fatal Error at time   :         0.000000

    Generated by Unit     :     8

    Generated by Type     :    56

    Message               : The program TRNBuild.exe does not exit in the
expected path. This might be due to an incorrect installation of Trnsys17.
Please contact your Trnsys distributor.

I have installed twice Trnsys, and everything looks fine.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Has it passed to anyone?

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Alessandro Gallo