[TRNSYS-users] Type 557 (TESS)

Felix Pag felixpag at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:19:55 PST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a vertical U-Tube heat exchanger with the TESS
Model Type 557a. For the validation and comparison with another simulation
it would be really helpful to get the temperature field around the borehole
as output. Looking at the Fortran Code, I noticed that the average soil
temperature is written in OUT(9) and the following OUT-fields.
I wondered how I could get them into Simulation Studio. I tried to change
the Proforma and add the missing lines. But then I got an error like

"The listed input referenced an output number beyond the allocated outputs
for the connected type."

I had a look in the Trnvdst.inc file and thought that I could solve the
problem by setting the Parameter "MAXSPE  = Maximum number of specified
output ground temperatures" from 10 to a higher value and then recompile
the dll but that doesn't solve the problem.

The error has already been reported but only in another context.

Has anyone any idea how to deal this or some experiences with simulations
of type 557?

Thank you in advance
Felix