[TRNSYS-users] Combined external air and wall heating

Schmidt, Christoph schmidt at izes.de
Thu Aug 23 05:47:56 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

I want to simulate an air-duct in  the outside wall between the massive wall and the insulation. Additionally, a panel heating is fixed between air duct and massive wall (see attachment). The incoming air stream should be warmed up across the panel heating. The question is whether I can simulate such a system in TRNSYS in Type 57? e.g. by defining the air duct as a extra airnode? Perhaps somebody has already simulate something similar?
The result of the simulation should be the air temperature at the end of the air duct, which is used to heat up a room. Also the vertical temperature profile in the air duct is interesting, but not required.
Or has anybody an idea which program can be used for such  a problem? Perhaps a program that can be linked with TRNSYS, like TRNflow, COMIS, CONTAM or fluent?
I would be very grateful for any advice.
Thank you.
Best regards

Christoph Schmidt

Christoph Schmidt, M.Eng.