[TRNSYS-users] 2 PhD positions at University of Liechtenstein

Gstöhl Daniel Daniel.Gstoehl at uni.li
Mon Aug 20 03:29:14 PDT 2012

Dear list members,

Below you find an announcement of two fully funded PhD positions at University of Liechtenstein.  Both positions might be interesting to the members of this list. We hope to fill the positions as soon as possible.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

With best regards,

Daniel Gstoehl

Dr. Daniel Gstöhl
Head of Research Projects in Sustainable Design

University of Liechtenstein
Institute of Architecture and Planning
Fürst-Franz-Josef-Strasse, 9490 Vaduz, Liechtenstein
Phone +423 265 11 11, Direct +423 265 11 39
daniel.gstoehl at uni.li<mailto:daniel.gstoehl at uni.li>, www.uni.li<http://www.uni.li>

The University of Liechtenstein seeks candidates to fill the following vacancies at the Institute of Architecture and Planning with immediate effect:

Doctoral students
In the field of sustainable design

The Chair for Sustainable Design researches aspects related to buildings’ energy technology. The interdisciplinary research team is positioned at the interface between architecture and technology. We are looking for two staff members for research projects on transparent, liquid-filled transparent facade elements and on the use of phase-change materials (PCM) in translucent building envelopes. Our research relies heavily on numerical simulations. Therefore, we are looking for candidates with knowledge in the areas of building simulation and heat transfer, who graduated with distinction from a Master’s degree programme (MSc) in Architecture, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline. Ideally, candidates should have already gained relevant methodical skills and be determined to expand their knowledge at a high academic level. Motivation, independence, flexibility and the ability to work in a team will prove indispensable qualities for the successful undertaking of the related tasks. Excellent German and/or English language skills are mandatory.
Successful applicants will be integrated in the doctoral degree programme in Architecture and Planning of the University of Liechtenstein’s Graduate School.
The University of Liechtenstein offers an attractive environment in both the professional and private sphere. In addition to working in one of Europe’s most agreeable regions, candidates will be presented with challenging projects in a motivating atmosphere boasting attractive research conditions.

The University of Liechtenstein aims to increase the number of women in research and academia. Therefore, we expressly encourage qualified women to apply.

For additional information about the doctoral degree programme, please visit: www.uni.li/doctorate-ar<http://www.uni.li/doctorate-ar>

Application documents should be sent by Friday, 14 September 2012  to:

University of Liechtenstein
Mag. Christoph Jenny
Leiter Stabsstelle Personal
Fürst-Franz-Josef-Strasse
9490 Vaduz
Liechtenstein

Contact and detailed information:

Detailed descriptions of the research projects related to these vacancies can be found at: www.uni.li<http://www.uni.li> > University > Job Vacancies
Dr. Daniel Gstöhl, Institute of Architecture and Planning
daniel.gstoehl at uni.li<mailto:daniel.gstoehl at uni.li>, phone +423 265 11 39

by MailMarshal