[TRNSYS-users] Type 953 question

Richard Thygesen richard.thygesen at mdh.se
Wed Aug 15 06:48:08 PDT 2012

Dear Trnsys users.

I have a question about the use of Tess type 953. I am trying to use it to control the temperature of domestic hot water out of a storage tank. In my system I always want the temperature out to a DHW user to be 55°C but the tank get a lot hotter than that in summer because of solar collectors in the system.

I have connected the tempering fluid temperature input to the mains water temperature and the temperature going out of the tank to the source temperature input. The output fraction to heat source is connected to type 647 input Fraction of flow to outlet 1 and outlet 1 is connected to the tank.

The output Fraction to bypass heat source is connected to the type 647 input Fraction to flow to outlet 2 wich in turn is connected to a type 649 where the temperature and flow output from the tank also is connected and mixed.

Is my connections right and should this lead to a temperature out from the type 649 of 55°C?

When I do a simulation I can see that the fractions change but the temperature in the top of the tank equals the temperature after type 649.

What might be wrong?

Best regards
Richard Thygesen
Doctoral student

Mälardalen University
School of Sustainable Development of Society and Technology
Phone: +46(0)21-10 31 82
richard.thygesen at mdh.se<mailto:richard.thygesen at mdh.se>
www.mdh.se<http://www.mdh.se/>

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CD7AFD.5DD3F960]