[TRNSYS-users] heat pumps different types

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Tue Aug 14 07:26:41 PDT 2012

Dear Eva,

Type505 is a water source heat pump (also known as
water-to-air heat pump), and Type668 is a water-to-water heat pump. Both
of these components have been archived for the newer and more user
friendly, normalized versions, Type919 and Type927. I would highly
recommend upgrading this TESS HVAC Library to version 17.1. it is only
about $60 to upgrade that library from your TRNSYS Distributor when you
upgrade to TRNSYS 17. To answer your other question about the data
files, this component and many other HVAC components implement the
'InterpolateData' routine ( 'DynamicData' in TRNSYS16). Please see the
Programmer's Guide for information about formatting.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-08-12 13:49, Eva gklezakou wrote:

> Dear Sirs,

> I try to model ground source heat pump system. I use type 505 but it
is not clear for me (I read the documentation too) the difference
between this type and the type 668. If anyone can make some
clarifications it will be very helpful for me.