[TRNSYS-users] Using Excel as Load Profile

Ratnalee Patil Ratnalee at innovativedesign.net
Fri Sep 30 08:15:41 PDT 2011

Pei,

You can copy the data from excel file into Notepad/WordPad & use that
.txt file as the external file for Type 9 data reader.

The maximum of 98 is not for no. of rows. The parameter in Type 9 for
'no. of values to read' is for no. of columns, i.e. no. of values in
each row.

One small tip - when you copy data from Excel to text file, make sure
that your data has no commas (e.g. it should be 134897 & not 134, 897).
I had run into errors due to this.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Ratnalee Patil