[TRNSYS-users] Issue of Trnsys 17 Calling 64-bit Matlab 2010a

Li, Pengfei Export License Required - US UTRC lip1 at utrc.utc.com
Fri Sep 23 06:27:44 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I have an issue on the interface between Trnsys and 64-bit Matlab.

I am currently running Trnsys 17 (32-bit) and Matlab 2011a (64-bit). When I tried to run the Trnsys's standard example of "Calling Matlab", I have received the following error message:

"Your input file uses Type 155 (Calling Matlab). "Type155.dll" was found but could not be loaded. Please make sure that a supported version of Matlab is installed and that Matlab's "bin\win32" folder is on Windows' search path"

I am wondering if anyone has the experience of connecting Trnsys with 64-bit Matlab? Here are two possible solutions in our mind, I would appreciate your suggestions and feedback.

1.  Install a 32-bit Matlab and then recompile the Type155.dll

2.  Write middleware to synchronize data between Trnsys and Matlab at predefined sampling time (co-simulation, working this way we can also call Trnsys from Matlab)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Pengfei Li