[TRNSYS-users] piping flow and head calculations/software

Nick LaHam ndlaham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 06:30:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if people out there use any other software for pipe flow and
head calculations. I see TRNSYS has some of this capability, for instance
using Type586 for pressure drop, but I am looking for something
comprehensive. I would like a software that I can get detailed in with pipe
material, head loss from valves and tees, etc, but still have the sort of
networking interface like TRNSYS.

I have come across Pipe Flow Expert, which looks pretty good,
although pricey. Also, Flowmaster seems to be a competitor and looks pretty
nice as well. Some other packages such as FastPIPE and FluidFlow3 seem to do
what I'm looking for as well.

Does anyone have any experience with these packages or can recommend one or
perhaps another one I have not listed? I was hoping there was something
cheaper or free out there but I'm not finding much.

Thanks,
Nick L