[TRNSYS-users] Type73 - Flat-Plate Collector

Igor Grujic igor.g at gmx.at
Tue Sep 20 01:33:00 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS-Users,

I’m using the Type73 as Flat-Plate Collector in combination with Type 2a (Powell-Method-Controller). The Controller should turn on the pump, when the Collector Outlet temperature exceeds the 80°C.-limit. (Actually I used I equation instead of pump, but it has the same function).
The problem I have is that the Collector Inlet and Outlet flowrate diverge from each other. At some time step it’s greater than the inlet, and sometimes it’s smaller and so on…

The Flowrate is coming from Type 997 to the equation and goes to the Collector when the Controller turns it on. That means the Collector inlet has every time a different flowrate and temperature.
Are there maybe some restrictions for the Flat-Plate-Collector (Type 73) so that it can’t handle the changing inlet??

(I also tried the Type 2b (Successive-Substitution-Controller) but that didn’t helped, in fact it turns the pump on even when the Collector Outlet-Temperature is under the 80°C-limit).

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Igor